UM
Induction of phosphorylated c-Jun in neonatal spinal motoneurons after axonal injury is coincident with both motoneuron death and regeneration
Yuan Q.2; Su H.4; Guo J.1; Wu W.1; Lin Z.-X.2
2014
Source PublicationJournal of Anatomy
ISSN14697580 00218782
Volume224Issue:5Pages:575-582
Abstractc-Jun activation has been implicated not only in neuronal degeneration, but also in survival and regeneration. Here, we investigated c-Jun activation in injured motoneurons by using a nerve crush model in neonatal rats. We identified two distinct subpopulations of motoneurons: about 60% underwent degeneration following injury whereas the remaining 40% survived and induced a regeneration response at 3 weeks post injury. However, all motoneurons examined expressed phosphorylated-c-Jun-immunoreactivity (p-c-Jun-IR) at the early stage of 3 days following injury. These results suggest that active c-Jun was induced in all neonatal motoneurons following nerve crush injury, regardless of whether they were destined to degenerate or undergo successful regeneration at a later stage. Our findings therefore support the hypothesis that active c-Jun is involved in both neuronal degeneration and regeneration. © 2014 Anatomical Society.
KeywordAxonal injury Motoneuron Phosphorylated c-Jun Regeneration Spinal cord
DOI10.1111/joa.12165
URLView the original
Language英語
Fulltext Access
Citation statistics
Cited Times [WOS]:2   [WOS Record]     [Related Records in WOS]
Document TypeJournal article
CollectionUniversity of Macau
Affiliation1.The University of Hong Kong
2.Chinese University of Hong Kong
3.Jinan University
4.Universidade de Macau
5.The University of Hong Kong Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Yuan Q.,Su H.,Guo J.,et al. Induction of phosphorylated c-Jun in neonatal spinal motoneurons after axonal injury is coincident with both motoneuron death and regeneration[J]. Journal of Anatomy,2014,224(5):575-582.
APA Yuan Q.,Su H.,Guo J.,Wu W.,&Lin Z.-X..(2014).Induction of phosphorylated c-Jun in neonatal spinal motoneurons after axonal injury is coincident with both motoneuron death and regeneration.Journal of Anatomy,224(5),575-582.
MLA Yuan Q.,et al."Induction of phosphorylated c-Jun in neonatal spinal motoneurons after axonal injury is coincident with both motoneuron death and regeneration".Journal of Anatomy 224.5(2014):575-582.
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Yuan Q.]'s Articles
[Su H.]'s Articles
[Guo J.]'s Articles
Baidu academic
Similar articles in Baidu academic
[Yuan Q.]'s Articles
[Su H.]'s Articles
[Guo J.]'s Articles
Bing Scholar
Similar articles in Bing Scholar
[Yuan Q.]'s Articles
[Su H.]'s Articles
[Guo J.]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.